March 28, 2011

Broken Friendship

No man is an island; a saying that we always remember and one reason why we make friends. Aside from that, there are also lame reasons why people make friends. First, they make friends so they have someone to cling to in times of need. Shall I call it monetary friendship? Second, they make friends because of low self-esteem. They can't make decisions on their own and they always need someone such as a friend to ask advice for. 

I have this attitude before that when I meet someone and my instinct told me that this person isn't good, I back off. But I changed. I changed because people deserve a second chance; that first impression doesn't last. The fruit of it was good. I had lots of friends whom I can share anything I want to share. Until recently, I noticed that someone isn't that kind of person whom I should trust. What hurts me most is that, I trusted that person much. He knows almost everything about me and the people around me. A trusted friend told me that this person told bad things at my back. The shocking part of it is that those things he told other people weren't true at all. I want to confront this person but my other friends told me not to step down to his level. I listened to them and I will just show him that he isn't a part of my life anymore. I may talk to him but not like before. 

Nowadays, it makes me realize that it isn't bad to choose friends at all. It is because we can only count on our fingers those people we can trust. I guess I will be very kin to the people I will be meeting in the future. I just wish that this person will realize what he is doing since I didn't create harm in his life. Despite all the good things I have done to him, this is all I get. Anyway, lesson learned, I should be more careful in giving my trust next time. 

It is very hard to mend a broken friendship

2 comments:

Gael said...

so true! it is better to have a few very close friends who are trustworhy

Unknown said...

It just shows that it is so hard to trust people nowadays dear. Well, we just have to open our eyes to see the real intention of people.

Pages