March 23, 2011

Book review: The Secret


Way back 2007; I was still working for a foreign company based in my country. It is a kind of call center industry where in we teach non-native English speakers improve their English communication skills.  It was that time I met these two kids named Nikka and Rachel (it’s their English names I gave them). At first it was too difficult to make them focus with our lesson until when I changed my approach. We became friends. I exchanged mails with their mom and I discovered a lot about them.

October 16, 2007; my birthday, I was surprised when the mailman arrived in the office and was looking for me. According to him, I have packages from South Korea. I was wondering from whom the packages are. When I saw these two boxes, it was from the kids. I was so excited to open them. I got a lot of things from them.  The one thing that caught my eye was a small box. It was wrapped beautifully with a ribbon on it. To my surprise, it was a book entitled “The Secret”.  I really don’t have an idea what the book is about. So when I got home, I read it. That was Friday so its fine for me to stay up late since it’s my day off on weekends. I tried to finish the book that night.

I learned a lot from the book. I can say that this book changed my way of thinking.  This book has several ideas that are considered exciting and controversial. It tells about the Law of attraction.
  1.     It says in the book that if you focus your attention on achieving your goal and believe that you can do it and you have done it, you will be successful in achieving your goal virtually that you set on your mind to. 
  2. If you focus on things that you don’t want and you can’t do, you are actually inviting those things into your life. The secret is you have to think of only the positive things. For example: Instead of saying I don’t want to be late for work, you have to say, I can go to work early. People should stop asking the questions “how” instead say it and put it in your mind that you can do it.
  3.   The principle of the Law of Attraction is whatever you focus your energy on, whether it is relationship, possessions, work, and even your health you will be able to achieve good or bad.
This book became controversial. Some people say that this book is anti-religion. It might be because readers would tend to focus on material things alone. But I disagree because it depends on how readers interpret it. 

This book has a lot of secrets to reveal. I am super thankful to Nikka Kim and Rachel Kim for giving me the opportunity to read this.




2 comments:

=:=TeaSea=:= said...

nice dex...i'm a bit sleepy to do blog hopping at this very moment but when i clicked "the secret"..i was suddenly awakened to its content. honestly, gifts sometimes are less expected but they purposely come.we should be thankful on it.. the book has given you a new set of knowledge and you'd shared it to me today...should i say this is a coincidental dejavu on my part? the law of attraction applies to me...i became more positive than the usual..thanks a lot for this blog...thumbs up!

Unknown said...

Thanks Tea! You're right, they come on purpose :) I am happy that I have shared something to you. It maybe a coincidental dejavu. hehe!

Pages